Friday, July 15, 2011

Finally some finishes!

I finally have some pictures to show of the finishes I have made lately.  As the pictures loaded I realized I got more done than I thought.
First off I am finally done my granddaughters play quilt!  It is from the Quilt Almanac 2011, called "Hey Diddle Diddle".
This lighting is bad but it lets you see the loops that her toys can be clipped to.
Here is the back and label.
This is my very first free motion machine quilting attempt.  In the main block I made her initial.
In the middle shot you can see that I did make a label and it turned out really well I think!  I never used to label my quilts until I started blogging and read about how important that is. Who knew?  That was just something I was never taught.

Speaking of labelling things,  I made these:
using a tutorial by Patchwork Pottery.  I haven't
ironed them on to the twill yet but I will soon and I
have the perfect jar to store them in as well!  The
figuring out of the computer was the most challenging part of these.






I have a few more finishes to post about but I will save it for another day or else this is going to be one really long post!

I will leave you with a most wonderful parcel that arrived in the mail yesterday though.  I left a comment on Sweet P's blog on her give away day and I was the lucky winner!  Two great patterns and some lovely black and brown fabrics to start one of the projects off with!!
A stash piece to match!!
I really didn't think I had any colours even close in my stash but I took a peek anyway and look what I found!  There is only one match, but it is indeed a fabric that I can add to this quilt pattern!

For the other pattern though, I made a quick trip to the LQS for a couple of charm packs that I have had my eye on but didn't have a project for....
Now I am all set!  Thank you Paulette!!  I love my new projects.

Have a good night everyone.

4 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

You have been busy, love the quilt and I know she will.
You wouldn't believe it, I was just online fixing to order some woven labels. I'm going to hop over to the link you put up.

manos de chicureo said...

Very nice the quilt. I liked the loops of the block. I saw an old post where you show this singular block.
Thank you for your visit to my blog.
Yasmin

Barb said...

Your parcels are wonderful.....and your play quilt is just adorable.

A Plain Path said...

Ooh, your quilt is so beautiful! I love it! And your free-motion looks wonderful. I love free-motion, but then I sit there and hold my breath while doing it. Surprised I haven't passed out. haha!

Congrats on your win!! Awesome!!