Monday, January 24, 2011

Time spent sewing

This week has been a good one for getting things sewn, finally!

I finished the apron for the swap I joined at Country Pleasures.  Sue is my partner this time so I wanted to try a half apron for her.  I won't post the pictures yet because I am making the tutorial for it and she has not seen it yet.  I struggle with putting my sewing actions into words but I think this apron tutorial should make sense!


I also whipped up this blanket for our grand daughter who is due at the end of February.  I have many things in the works for her but alas....time is always such an issue.



These snack bags and sandwich wraps made me very happy this morning while packing lunches (which is a task I do NOT love!) Now that they are made and in use, mornings are just that much happier.  Which makes life good, because my fridge magnet says, "If Mamma ain't Happy, ain't NOBODY happy". Then at lunch the kids have a little bit of tangible Mamma love to help get them through the rest of their day.

I am also setting out today to start on a pattern testing project for the Heidi Bag over at Vibrant Designs. She has some great bags and accessories you should go have a little look see!  

Have a super great Monday!

4 comments:

A Plain Path said...

Lovely projects and can't wait to see the apron. Swaps are fun!! I also love having those cute things to brighten up daily tasks...great little reminders of the sweet mama at home for your kids.

Lisa said...

very nice mamma...your sewing projects always make the nicest gifts...i have been the recipient of many! :)

Barb said...

Lots of quilty goodness going on over there!!

Unknown said...

I love the snack bags...these would make a really cute gift!